Sunday, March 27, 2011

FAQ

Why am I vegan?

I am vegan because I have professed my life to the path of nonviolence. Plain and simple, Compassion is my faith. This is a goal which is a constant strivation to attain, and likely I never will be as compassionate as I hope to be. But I cannot partake of the flesh and secretions of animals without aknowledging and perpetuating the terrible violence that goes into not only the food iteself, but the mindset it takes in our society to commit such painful actions. I believe in a God of Love. There is no reason that any one of us needs to eat any part of animals to survive on this planet, and since there is a choice, I have chosen that of Compassion.

Nothing's changed in millenia, we are still having wars, more violently than ever. What's the point in protesting?

The arc of the Universe is long, but it bends toward Justice. The point of protesting is speak out against violence and injustice. I cannot control the outcome. But I can stand with all my heart for nonviolence. By not speaking out, for whatever the reasons, we side with the violent and unjust.

What can I do? Im just one person.

One is a powerful number. Everything in existence is just energy. We are constantly influencing each other in very molecular and vibrational planes. You can be 100% in every situation you're in. Again, by not doing anything, even if it's because you're overwhelmed, it is siding with the unjust and violent. It is our duty to stand up. The outcome is not ours to determine. But the outcome is guarenteed if we do nothing.

How do you stay positive?

It's because Im vegan. (Haha, just kidding). There is no other option. We are either filled with hope and Love or we are defeated. I refuse to live defeated, since that is a state we put ourselves in. We can really make large strides on the local level and in our own communities.     

No comments:

Post a Comment